Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kieran1028[_13_] Kieran1028[_13_] is offline

Default variable trouble

I guess I don't know the proper way to reference variables in code..
can anyone troubleshoot this routine for me? GREATLY appreciated...
get errors almost every time I try to use a variable in code. fo
example,
Workbooks(fname).Activate gives me an error. If I eliminate this cod
by just activating a specific workbook instead of the one defined b
fname, I get an error somewhere else where I tried to use a variable
like at
Set destCell = destWks.Cells(3, dcol) where VB says I didn't define th
variable yet.

Sub get1degdata()
'
' get1degdata Macro
' Macro recorded 11/19/2004 by Kieran Coghlan
'
'
Dim ramp As Variant
Dim toes As Variant
Dim fname As Variant
Dim Wkbk As Workbook
Dim wksht As Worksheet
Dim destWks As Worksheet
Dim destCell As Range
Dim dcol As Integer
fname = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel files(*.xls),*.xls")
Workbooks.Open (fname)
Workbooks(fname).Activate
' Sheets("charts").Select
Set Wkbk = Workbooks(fname)
ramp = InputBox("Enter the ramp duration in ms: 500, 1000, 2000, o
4000")
toes = InputBox("Enter the toes direction, UP or DOWN")
Sheets.Add.Name = ramp
Worksheets(ramp).Select
dcol = 1
For Each wksht In Wkbk.Worksheets
If wksht.Range("K5") = ramp And wksht.Range("G7") = toes Then
Set destWks = Wkbk.Worksheets(ramp)
wksht.Range("q12:q2011").Copy
End If
Set destCell = destWks.Cells(3, dcol)
destCell.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation _
:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
dcol = dcol + 1
Next
End Sub

Thanks,