Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default Check for list of 3 values (alpha) in a column

Hi Col

personally, i'ld use Conditional Formatting for this as it's very "visible"

select the range (B3:B15) and choose format / conditional formatting
choose
formula is
and type in the box
=OR(COUNTIF($B$3:$B$15,"L")=0,COUNTIF($B$3:$B$15," N")=0,COUNTIF($B$3:$B$15,"E")=0)
click on the format button, go to the patterns tab and choose a background
colour which you want to display when you don't have a L N or E in the
range (you can also set the font colour under the font tab)

click Ok twice.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"GeeSexAah" wrote in message

I have rotas on Excel sheets and need to check set cells in columns (ie
B3:B15) to check that there is a 'L' a 'N' and a 'E' in the cells to
show there is minimum cover for the shifts. A tick or something to show
yes no etc is what I am after.
I cant work out a macro to do this and I have no VB experience. If this
is already covered elsewhere, (I looked but cant find it.) I apologise
and please point me in the direction of that post.
Thanks in advance.
Col

--
GeeSexAah