Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
IC[_2_] IC[_2_] is offline

Default Workbooks with variable names

"bpmccoy" wrote in message

I'm writing a macro to copy and paste value froms from 2 workbooks into
a third workbook. The filenames will vary according to month.
Let's say my files a "Summary Oct04.xls", "Mgt Oct04.xls" and "Board
Oct04.xls". Obviously for November the filenames will be different.

How can I define these to the macro will copy from the relevant
worksheet to the correct workbook, regardless of the filename.

I assume Summary is the target for Mgt & Board. I also assume the latter
part of the filename will always be 5 characters (MMMYY).

pastefilename = "Summary " + Mid(ActiveWorkbook.Name,
Len(ActiveWorkbook.Name) - 8, 5) + ".xls"

Incorporate pastefilename into the paste part of your macro.

Ian