Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Alan is offline

Default Identify when a user attempts to turn on "Allow cell drag and drop"

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message

Well, in part it's a training issue. But it's also a design issue.
Since I can't think of any way to make it foolproof (fools getting
more clever all the time), perhaps one way would be to protect the
worksheet (allowing filtering perhaps), and putting a button on the
sheet that removes that protection, disables drag and drop, and
throws up a message box saying something like "Drag and Drop has

been
disabled. in the interest of data integrity, please don't change the
Drag and Drop preferences while editing this workbook". I'd use the
Workbook_SheetSelectionChange event to disable d&d every selection
change as well.

That way, someone would have to deliberately violate your

restriction
in order to use d&d.

I like that approach, and as you rightly point out, it makes
transgressions deliberate rather than accidental or just lazy.

I think I may also have to bite the bullet and use OnTime to reset the
settings every 5 seconds.

Thanks,

Alan.