Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StefanW StefanW is offline

Default Browse Forms Controls and change TextBox color based on cell color

Hi!

I would like to dynamically change the background color in an array of
TextBoxes in a Form, based on background colors in corresponding cells on the
sheet.
The textboxes are named so that they can be adressed but how do i typecast a
recieved Control from the Controls collection to a TextBox control (I get
type mismatch errors) and how do I set the BackColor-property ?

I would be greatful for advices on this matter!
// Sample pseudo-code below

Best regards,
StefanW

Private Sub SetBackgnd()
Dim tb As TextBox
Dim x, y As Integer

For y = 1 To 13
For x = 1 To 3
Set tb = MyForm.Controls("row" & y & "col" & x) <- I get error
here
'Change background color of TextBox named "row'y'col'x'"
'based on backgroundcolor in Range("A1").Offset(row,col)
Next res
Next mt
End Sub