Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default Charting in Excel to Powerpoint - Quality

Hi Sean

you said "Right - so I have a lovely excel chart which I want to use on the
web -
so I program excel to create a new Powerpoint presentation and copy the
chart to the powerpoint slide" .....

just wondering why you don't just save the chart sheet as a web page (file /
save as web page) - which, BTW does generate a gif from the chart and then
you wouldn't have to deal with PowerPoint.

is this an option?

Cheers
JulieD

"smcpoland" wrote in message

Hi everyone,

nice to see a dedicated forum for excel.

Anyway, I have a excel sheet that takes data from an Oracle database,
does it's stuff and creates chart(s) - very nice it is too. However the
Excel Charts are wasted as we need them on our web server for people to
look at. The charts are created overnight....rather than dynamically -
there is just no point in generating the same information all the time.

Right - so I have a lovely excel chart which I want to use on the web -
so I program excel to create a new Powerpoint presentation and copy the
chart to the powerpoint slide and save it as (jpg, gif,png etc etc etc)
BUT...

the quality of the graph is terrible.....how do I get the quality of
chart that I get in excel in powerpoint.....

Or do I have to use something else like OWC?

Thanks in advance
regards
Sean

--