Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CzarCW CzarCW is offline

Default Excel relative reference not working with charts

Hello all,

I'm very new to making macros, so I appreciate any and all help. I hav
two tables of data on the same worksheet (e.g. one table is the maximu
value, the other the minimum value). I want to create a "Clustere
Column" chart that shows the progression of the min and max values ove
a series of tests. Each test is its own column, and there are severa
rows that need to be plotted. I want the macro to take the currentl
highlighted cell, and use that row to make the charts. Here's a copy o
what I've made so far:

Sub Chart_maker()
'
' Chart_maker Macro
' This macro should create column charts based on the currentl
highlighted cell.
'

'
* ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Range("A1:AD1").Select
* Charts.Add
* ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered
* ActiveChart.SetSourceDat
Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E3:AH3"), _
* PlotBy:=xlRows
* ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries
* ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "='Sheet1'!R2C5:R2C34"
* ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = "='Sheet1'!R1C5:R1C36"
* ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Values = "='Sheet1'!R3C37:R3C66"
* ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Name = "='Sheet1'!R1C37:R1C68"
ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsNewSheet
ActiveChart.HasLegend = True
ActiveChart.Legend.Select
Selection.Position = xlBottom
ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select
With Selection.Border
.ColorIndex = 16
.Weight = xlThin
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
End With
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 2
.PatternColorIndex = 1
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
ActiveChart.Deselect
End Sub

The lines with asterisks are the ones where Excel is looking at
particular cell address, whereas I want the ones relative to where
started. Any help

--
CzarC
CzarCW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1667