Ragdyer

Say the present formula in H5 is:
=SUM(A1:A10)

Picking Column G as the one containing the dropdown, try this in H5:

=SUM(A1:A10)-SUMIF(G21:G24,"Cash",F21:F24)
--
HTH,

RD

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:4b065$42c9601e$97c5108d$423@allthenewsgroups. com...
Need more information, such as where is the listbox (which I assume is a
data validation dropdown and not a listbox), and what do you want if the
listbox does NOT = cash?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"redwings04"

wrote
in message ...

Hi

I was wondering if it were possible to do the following;

I have a cell picking up a total but I need it to subtract amounts
from a possible 5 other cells. The problem is that the cells may or may
not need to be subtracted. There is a list box to the left of the dollar
amounts that need to be subtracted and I only need to subtact them if
the same list box item is choosen.
For example I have total cash in Cell H5 now i need to subtract amounts
from F21-F24 but only if the listbox next to them has Cash selected.

Any Help Would Be Appreciated.

thank you

Redwings04

--