Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TK TK is offline

Default Excel ADO Crash

Hi George:

You might want to review:

Access Help "Pass Through Queries"

"Caution If you convert a pass-through query to another type of
query, such as a select query, you'll lose the SQL statement that
you entered."

Also:

Good Luck
TK

"George" wrote:

I have tried querying the database directly from Excel, but with no success.
I keep getting error "3706 - provider cannot be found". Besides, I already
am doing other queries in Access, so the data is there.

Thanks for the link to the other newsgroup thread. It looks like another
problem for Microsoft to fix. I have sent them an error report a couple of
times that Excel crashed. Maybe it's something .NET will address and fix.

Thanks