Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DonC DonC is offline

Default How do I capture user paste action and convert to Paste Special

Hi All,

I'm trying to stop users from using paste and overwriting cell validation
and formatting. However, I can't disable the paste function due to
requirements. I'm trying to find out if, and how, I can capture the paste
event so I can replace it with paste special in VBA.

Also, the users could be pasting from a number of different programs. How
do I identify if Paste Special/Values or PasteSpecial/Text is needed for each
instance, or do I not have to differentiate.

Thanks in advance for you assistance,

DonC