Matt Lunn

Ket,

Will you be adding more data to the column? That is, do you want to assign a
new reference every time a new value of YES, NO or DUPLICATE is added?

Matt

"Ket" wrote:

Hello,

I am using excel 2003 on windows xp.

I have a column of information that contains the values 'YES', 'NO, or
'DUPLICATE'.

How can I create a formula that looks at all instances of YES and
provides a unique reference number (eg000001,000002 etc) for that
instance in the adjacent cell. The same applies for every instance of
'NO'.
Where a duplicate record exists, that entire row needs to be deleted.

Any assistance offered, gratefully recieved.

Many thanks.

Ket
London, UK