Tom

Default problem from Personal.xls

Having Personal.xls *is* handy. But when starting a "new" workbook,
Excel *assumes* I mean "Personal.xls" and opens "it". If I save it as
my new book, it contains my macros from "Personal.xls". And I can't
seem to DELETE all the macros from within the workbook that was
originally "Personal.xls".

I've moved (saved) Personal.xls and deleted it from XLSTART, so Excel
won't open it, while I try to fix my "new" book. I *still* can't.

What's the secret to starting a new workbook? Devoid of macros, or
whatever? Having one lying around called "BLANK.XLS" so Excel won't
assume I mean Personal.xls?

This is driving me crazy. Anyone have any ideas, thoughts,
suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Tom