Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vic Eldridge Vic Eldridge is offline

Default Moving out Portions of Text from a Cell.

Hi Mikey,

The Text to Column feature does the job nicely. Make sure you select
Delimited on the wizard's first page, and Semicolon on the second
page.

Regards,
Vic Eldridge

"Mikey" wrote in message ...
I have this string that a customer is sending us in a report. It looks like
the following.

COMPANY NAME; NAME; 11/22/04

I wanted to use the Text to Column feature, but every cell varies in length
and amount of data. I am curious if there is a way to search the cell and
strip out the date out of each cell and move them into a different cell on
the same row. Or can I setup a macro to copy the entire column, and then
strip out everything but the date. Any information that could be provided
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,