Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard Kittle[_2_] L. Howard Kittle[_2_] is offline

Default Moving out Portions of Text from a Cell.

Hi Mikey,

With the data in A1, try these formulas in two other cells where you want
the info to be.

Use this to extract the date:
=RIGHT(A1,8)

Use this to extract the Co. Name and Name, minus the last ;
=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-(LEN(RIGHT(A1,10))))

Then Copy Edit Paste Special Values OK to get rid of the formulas
and retain the new data.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Mikey" wrote in message
I have this string that a customer is sending us in a report. It looks
like
the following.

COMPANY NAME; NAME; 11/22/04

I wanted to use the Text to Column feature, but every cell varies in
length
and amount of data. I am curious if there is a way to search the cell and
strip out the date out of each cell and move them into a different cell on
the same row. Or can I setup a macro to copy the entire column, and then
strip out everything but the date. Any information that could be provided
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,