Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_4_] Dick Kusleika[_4_] is offline

Default Access table to Excel

Tushar

Is the FYQ field and the date field the same thing? I thought you wanted to
return all the records from the table that matched the FYQ in the Excel
cell. If you want all the records after that date, then your parameter
would be "greater than" instead of "equals"

In your first post, you said you wanted the year from A96 and the quarter
number from A97. Below, you seem to want the next quarter based on the
dates entered. I'm a little confused on this point. Maybe you can clarify.
If you can provide a small sample of your data and what you want returned,
that would be helpful too.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Tushar Garg" wrote in message

Thanks guys for your help. That was really helpful. But there's three
parts to the problem. The first one you guys helped me answer. What
needs to happen is the query needs to lookup the date that is in excel
in the access table, then download all rows from that date till the end
of the records. Thirdly, I need to create a date constrained such that,
if the user typed in anything between, example, 10/1/2002 and
12/31/2002, the date should read 20031. Any input on this will be
great, thanks for all your help.