Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sharad Naik Sharad Naik is offline

Default Shell Command

Are you specifying full path of the exe file in the Shell command?
I have Default File Location path specidied in excel, and run Shell command
without any problem.

Sharad

"JOHN" wrote in message
I am using the Shell command to launch an exe. I have discovered however
that
the command appears not to run if I have any path specified in the Default
File Location (Tools Options General Tab). The code behaves as expected as
long as there is no path specified here. Setting the path in code to a
null
string in the Workbook Open event does not solve the problem.

The only solution I have found is to delete the registry key that Excel
gets
this value from.

However this is not an optimal solution and I would prefer avoiding
changing
the registry. Why this setting should affect launching an application I am
not sure.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.