Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Reg fix or VBA for Off. Excel 02 Security Notice?

Hi
see:
http://snurl.com/2uq3

"gradientS" wrote:

I need to call an .exe from my HD using a hyperlink in a repetitive
fashion. When the hyperlink is activated I get the Office Security
Notice about possible viruses and if the file I want to open is
trustworthy. How to I work around the popup to either turn it off the
security check or declare the file to be safe at *any* level in order
to bypass the security check ie: is there a way to alter the security
filter parameters. Setting the macro security level to Low does not
affect the function of the popup I don't think there is a way to give
the exe file a signature to add it to the trusted sources list if
that's the only way.

If the case turns out to be that I can not avoid the security popup, is
there another way to open and run an exe when needed and then close it
prior to the next request. Does Excel allow for this process to be
created within an Excel macro?

TIA

--
gradientS