Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Red[_3_] Red[_3_] is offline

Default Changing the Path In a Usage Log

Thanks but I was fortunate to find this solution that works for me

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Const Log As String = "\\Shared\Main_Public\File Name\ Open.LOG"

On Error Resume Next

Open Log For Append As #1

Print #1, Environ$("userName"), Now

Close #1

wrote in message ...
move the usage.log to a directory you want. then change
the code to the path to the new path.
this code is not saving as we understand saving. it is
opening a file and printing/appending to it then closing
the file. same thing as a save in a way but different.