Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.datamap,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default database to store data entered from a spreadsheet?

Hi Dan

You can Use Excel to copy all data in one worksheet

Try this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Dan B" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I'm looking for a little direction....
I have about 6 different spreadsheets that people enter data into. The
layout of the spreadsheets are identical. They each have one worksheet per
month on the year and then a summary page. Survey results and statistical
information are entered into these spreadsheets by different people.

What I would like to do is to able to summarize each monthly worksheet and
each summary sheet from all six spreadsheets (separate files). I know I
could link the six sheets to a new summary sheet, but that would be
cumbersome due to the number of items being entered in.

Is there a better way....like having each of those sheets dump into a
database? What is the best way to accomplish this and where is a good place
to read up on how to do it?

Thanks!

Dan