gennario

Thanks!! Definitely the easiest way to go but the only drawback is that it
keeps the data as text so if the number changes, the formula doesn't always.
This will probably work for what I need since I shouldn't be changing
numbers. Thanks again

"Max" wrote:

Try this on a spare copy ..

Assume the prob lies with say, col B
where B1 contains a label,
with data in B2 down

Select the column B
Click Data Text to Columns
Click Finish
--
Rgds
Max
"gennario" wrote in message
I have a large spreadsheet with a column that has the numbers formatted as
text. I tried reformatting the column from numbers to text but when I sum

the
column with other columns (that are formatted as numbers) it still doesn't
show in the sum. The spreadsheet is too big for me to retype the numbers.

Can
anyone please help???