Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
d.i.barr[_2_] d.i.barr[_2_] is offline

Default Displaying an image without using external files

I am sure there must be a way to solve this because I have seen example
close to what I want but not quite, but my attempts so far have failed.
I would like a user form to display an image that will not be stored o
others' computers.

Ideally I would like the image to display an embedded object but not b
reference of object number or name because it will change regularl
depending on user clicks in a list box (user clicks on the desire
object in the list box, code searches for the entry on the spread shee
and displays the relevant picture which is in a column). If possible,
want to display it by whats in the cell.

I know it is possible to enter a formula in a picture formula box t
display what is in or "over" that cell, but there seems to be no way t
do it for the image box in a form (although it may be something a
simple as a syntax error, I've not been coding that long).

If this isn't possible, I will settle for the syntax to refer to a
embedded image although the resulting code may get a bit spagetti, an
of course it's good practice not to hard code absolute values.

Thanks in advance,
David Bar

--
d.i.bar