Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jerry W. Lewis Jerry W. Lewis is offline

Default Trendline values display

You have to calculate the values that you want displayed when the mouse
cursor hovers over them. Then you plot them as a separate series,
instead of using a trendline.

See Help for FORECAST (straight line trend), TREND (linear in unknown
coefficients, such as polynomials, multiple linear regression, etc), and
GROWTH (exponential growth). These correspond to SLOPE/INTERCEPT,
LINEST, and LOGEST if you prefer to calculate the estimated coefficients
first.

Alternately, David Braden has posted VBA code to extract the
coefficients directly from the equation displayed on the chart into cells
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm....microsoft.com
Be sure to display full precision (scientific notation with 14 decimal
places), as this code only has access to the rounded values that are
displayed, not the unrounded values.

Jerry

Kanan wrote:

Hi,
Iam using EXCEL XP 2002 version. Does anybody know how I can display the data
values for a Trendline? I would appreciate if somebody can give me some ideas
on how to do this.