Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
quartz[_2_] quartz[_2_] is offline

Default Spreadsheet function that mimics "LIKE"

Thanks Frank, I will have a look.

[I've been coding in VBA for so long, I'm rusty on my functions.]

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
have a look at FIND and SEARCH
or use
=IF(COUNTIF(A1,"*text_to_search*")0,"found","not found")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"quartz" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is there a spreadsheet function that works like "Like" in VBA? I need

to use
a spreadsheet function to identify if a certain pattern exists in a

cell for
example:

I know this can be done in VBA, as I myself have used it often. But,

is
there a spreadsheet function equivalent to "Like"?

If so, please post back with it. Thanks much in advance.