Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default Password Applied to All Worksheets Confrimation Prompt

Hi

i've put the changes in line with your original post

Cheers
JulieD

"snsd" wrote in message

Hi:

I found the following macro on this site which allows you to place a
password on every sheet in a workbook. It works great. The only thing I
would like to add is a second prompt to confirm the password

!!!- good idea!

- the same
way that you are prompted to verify the password when you select Tools
- Protection - Protect Worksheet. I don't want to accidentally apply
an incorrect password to all my sheets and then forget it! (Note: I
obviously only want to have to confirm it once - and not for every
sheet!)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sub PasswordAppliedToAllSheets()
Dim myPwd As String

Dim myPwd2 As String 'added this line
Dim wks As Worksheet

myPwd = InputBox(prompt:="Please enter the password to protect all
sheets.")

If Trim(myPwd) = "" Then
Exit Sub

Else 'added this line
myPwd2 = InputBox(prompt:="Please reenter your password.") 'added this line
End If

If myPwd < myPwd2 then 'added this IF statement
msgbox "Passwords didn't match. Please try again later."
exit sub
End if

For Each wks In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
If wks.ProtectContents _