Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Berglund Jim Berglund is offline

Default Coding Impasse

I'm trying to map a set of numbers to an indexed chart. Col A is a formula (eg. (=VLOOKUP($DF6,$O$3:$P$9000,2,TRUE)), producing a value generated from a lookup in an external array of cells(not shown).

First, the unique values of column A are mapped as headings to Col's F,G, etc. Then, the corresponding values are added below the headings. (I use this for creating values for a ComboBox)

Col A B F G H
_________________ _____________________
1 A TYU A B C
2 A XXX TYU PTY YYY
3 B PTY XXX ZZZ
4 C YYY QQQ
5 C ZZZ
6 C QQQ
It works well with text values, but doesn't work at all for numbers. The chart is blank, as shown below.

Col A B F G H
_________________ _____________________
1 1 TYU 1 2 3
2 1 XXX
3 2 PTY
4 3 YYY
5 3 ZZZ
6 3 QQQ

If I query the data by using the following formula in a blank cell...
=IF(A1=F1,B1,""), I get nothing.

I'm sure that it's a problem based on fundamentals, but I'm stuck! Any Ideas??

Jim Berglund