Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default "Last Changed By" Cell

Hi
put the following code in your worksheet module:

If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
End If
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo errhandler
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
.Offset(0, 1).Value = Application.UserName
.Offset(0, 2).Value = Format(Date, "DD-MMM-YYYY")
End With

errhandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Valeria" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Dear Experts,
I have a spreadheet that many people are inputing, and I would like

capture the name of the last person who updated a certain cell in the

nearby
cell (well, inputs in one column, changes tracking in the nearby

column).
I would like to do so through some VBA code, could you please help

me?

Many, many thanks in advance!
Best regards,
--