Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
G Lam G Lam is offline

Default Workbook open event

Nick,
Thank you. That helps.
After the files opened, the active sheet is the Price Master.xls. How can I
switch it to the lookup sheet instead?
Thank you.
GL
"Nick Hodge" wrote in message
GL

Put this in every workbook at the workstation. (Change the name and

location
of the Price master of course)

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Workbooks.Open Filename:="F:\Shared\Price Master.xls", UpdateLinks:=True

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
HIS

"G Lam" wrote in message
Hi, I have a price master sheet (2MB) in the server and a lookup sheet

in
every workstation. When the lookup sheet loading up, it takes two

minutes
link to the master sheet. I am thinking of copying this master file from
the
server to the workstation every time when users load up the lookup

sheet.
How can I do this?
Thank you.
GL