Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Select Excel Range from Access

Dim rng as Object

oxlApp.ActiveWindow.Zoom = 85
set rng = oxlWs.Range(oxlWS.Range("O1"), _
oxlWS.Range("O1").End(-4161 ))
rng.Entirecolumn.ColumnWidth = 6

Tom Ogilvy

"Brian" wrote in message
m...
Good morning - I have an access query that I output as an excel file.
I would then like to manipulate and format the excel file to my
liking, without manually opening the excel file and running a personal
macro.

As such, I've resorted to putting the macro that works fine in Excel
into Access. I'm getting hung up on the following line of code,
flagged at the bottom with asterisks:

The error is "Run-time error 91 - Object variable or with block
variable not set"

Dim oxlApp As Object
Dim oxlWb As Object
Dim oxlWs As Object

Set oxlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
oxlApp.Visible = True

Set xlWb = oxlApp.workbooks.Open("f:\access\UZOrderReport.xls ")
Set oxlWs = xlWb.Worksheets("qryOrderReporting:15-OrderCross")
oxlWs.Name = "OrderReport"

With oxlApp
.ActiveWindow.Zoom = 85
.Range("o1").Select
***** .Range(.selection, .selection.End(xlToRight)).Select ******
.Selection.ColumnWidth = 6
End With

I've tried the following alterations, to no avail:
.Range(.selection, .selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
or
.Range(selection, selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
or
.Range(.ActiveCell, .ActiveCell.End(xlToRight)).Select

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Brian