Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Trace Precedents of Conditional Formatting

Bob,

Better read this before you start grabbing the formulas...
"The elusive Formula1 property for conditional formatting"
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/odd/odd07.htm

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"Bob Nealon" wrote in message om...
Is there a reasonable way to "Trace Precedents" of the cells that are
listed in the conditional formatting of a cell? I'm trying to easily
verify that the conditional formatting formulas are point to the
correct cells. I would like to do this graphically in real time just
like "Trace Precedents".
I DAGS (Did A Google Search) on the topic but could not find this
topic being written about before.
I can think of one way to do it:
Copy the FormatConditions from one cell and enter it into the formula
of a 2nd cell. Then do "Trace Precedents" on the 2nd cell.
Is there a better way?
I'm using Excel 2000 with Windows 2000.
Bob Nealon