Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Nealon Bob Nealon is offline

Default Trace Precedents of Conditional Formatting

Is there a reasonable way to "Trace Precedents" of the cells that are
listed in the conditional formatting of a cell? I'm trying to easily
verify that the conditional formatting formulas are point to the
correct cells. I would like to do this graphically in real time just
like "Trace Precedents".

I DAGS (Did A Google Search) on the topic but could not find this
topic being written about before.

I can think of one way to do it:
Copy the FormatConditions from one cell and enter it into the formula
of a 2nd cell. Then do "Trace Precedents" on the 2nd cell.

Is there a better way?

I'm using Excel 2000 with Windows 2000.

Bob Nealon