Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Using a saved query to retrieve data from different sources

you could write a little VBA to do a REPLACE on the querytable's
connection string.

have you looked into parameter queries? (though it's success would
depend on what your actually retrieving from what..

what type of datasource (which driver) are we talking about?

a bit more detail would be nice :)

--
keepITcool

Gary Hall wrote :

i would like to use a saved query in more than one worksheet to
retrieve data from more than one ODBC data source.

however when i copy the query between sheets it does not give me the
option to change the data source.

is this possible wihtout renaming the query seven times and and
pointing it at seven different sources?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks