Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CDrews CDrews is offline

Default Format() doesn't work from a Form

I know this is not it, but you do realize that you have 4 positions
for the day section.
msgbox format(cdate(date),"mm-DDDD-yy")
This would give the error you are recieving.
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:29:04 -0800, "Chad"
wrote:

I have two add-ins that I created for excel 2000. Each add-in uses the
format function to reformat dates, etc. The module from add-in #1 is now
giving me this error:

"Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment."

Here is my code that I am running on each module:

sub test()
msgbox format(cdate(date),"mm-dddd-yy")
end sub

(the actual code I'm running is obviously more involved, this is just a test
macro)

On the module for add-in #2 it runs fine, on the other I recieve the error
message. I'm sure it's a simple thing I've overlooked but I'm unable to find
it. I clicked on "Tools" and "References" and they both have the same
references checked off. I'm at a loss.