Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stephen Bullen[_4_] Stephen Bullen[_4_] is offline

Default providing a sheet-copy event or copy CustomProperties

Hi Carlos,

I have an add-in which stores sheet-based metadata in the workbook. It does
this by putting the metadata in CustomProperties found in the Worksheet
object. When the sheet is moved to another workbook, my data goes with it.
However, when the sheet is copied, the CustomProperties are not copied. The
easiest fix to my problem is for excel to simply to copy this data when the
user copies the sheet. This is probably how it should work anyway.

This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup, where the questions are answered by other
Excel users, not Microsoft staff. So it's unlikely that your suggestion will be
heard at Microsoft.

That said, one common way to store metadata in a worksheet is to create
sheet-level, hidden, defined names, using Worksheet.Names.Add

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.oaltd.co.uk