boksic

Great - thanks a lot for this Ed

"Ed Ferrero" wrote:

Hi boksic,

This is a common enough problem when importing from report files.

One relatively simple way of doing it -

Name the first cell in the data list "StartCell"
Go to a new Sheet
In cell A2 enter 0
In cell A3 enter 8
Select both cells, then click on the handle at the bottom right of the
selection box and drag down a few rows. This will fill a series
(0,8,16,24...)
In cell B1 enter 0
In cell C1 enter 1
In cell D1 enter 2
In cell B2 enter =OFFSET(StartCell,$A2+B$1,0)

Copy cell B2 as needed

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net

I have a range of information on a spreadsheet as follows:

A B
1 Name: Tom Smith
Job Title: Sales
Telephone: 1111 111 111
Email:

Subject:
Not much

I have another 300+ entries of data (of 8 rows exactly as above) totalling
2629 rows. the example above is how it appears on my spreadsheet i.e.
headings and names in the same cell (Name: Tom Smith) and sometimes
seperate
cells (Email: /
)
I need to create 6 columns for Name/Job
title/Organisation/Telephone/Email/Subject and then move the data into the
relevant columns. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I have tried
using a
macro on one entry but am stuck as to how to apply it to repeat over a
range
of data