Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Scrolling with wheel in combobox list

All version support additional windows into an open workbook in the same
instance. (Window=New).

I don't see why any newer version would not support opening a copy of your
workbook as read only in another instance of excel.

If you are are using a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar, if the
data is sorted, you should be able to type the first letter as you describe.
This is the default option for the combobox.

Tom Ogilvy

"Emile Zac" wrote in message
I have a long list (400 entries) that I would like to scroll with the

wheel
on the mouse rather than using the up and down pointers in the combo box.
Is this possible? If so, how? I am using Excel 2000.

Alternatively, if I could type in the first few characters of one of the
entries in the list and advance through the list that way, this would be
acceptable.

Finally, do the newer versions of Excel support having two sheets from the
same workbook viewable at the same time? Quite often when working on a
multi sheet workbook I end up opening a second copy of excel so I can view
two sheets from the same workbook at the same time. I have multiple
monitors so there is lots of room.

Thanks again for your help and support.