Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_4_] Dick Kusleika[_4_] is offline

Default Access table to Excel

Tushar

It sounds like you want an External Data Table in Excel

http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/ExternalData.htm

And specifically, you want one with a parameter

http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/Ex...htm#Parameters

You'll need another cell to build the parameter string, say A98, with a
formula like

=YEAR(A96)&A97

to give you 20021

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Tushar" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I want to download an Access table to an Excel worksheet. I have had
some advice on this earlier. My task has taken a new turn. I need to
screen the information in the Access table based on excel cell
information. Example,

Excel Cell 'A96' = 12/31/2002
Excel Cell 'A97' = 1

The Access Database, FY2004OLM, the date is in FYQ format, ex - 20021.
The table is called 'Download Table'. I need for a macro that will
take the year from the date in cell A96 and the quarter number from
cell A97 to form the FYQ format, 20021 and then use a query to search
for that in the Access DB. Once it has found teh FYQ, I need for the
macro to populate excel with all the rows found after and on the found
date. Any and all help if GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks in advance

Tushar