emerald_dragonfly

yes that is correct. Thanks.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Do I understand you to want to multiply A1 * B1,
And never have the product fall below 140,
Or be greater then 475?

If that's the case, try this:

=MAX(140,MIN(475,A1*B1))
--
HTH,

RD

"emerald_dragonfly" wrote in
message ...
I am setting up a spreadsheet to develop transportation quotes. I need

the
following items if possible.

1. How do you get a cell to default to a number if the calculated cost

falls
below the minimum cost?

2. How do you hvae a cell default to a maximum cost if the calculated cost
exceeds the maximum?

Example:
Column A shows a rate. There is a stipulated minimum of 140. There is a
maximum total cost of 475. How do you set up this formula?

Column A Column B Column C
Rate units cost
122.00 1 140.00