Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Default File Location

Forget the defaultfilepath.

Excel uses it ONLY when it starts... to set the current directory.
(the directory remains current until the user decides to select another
one.

As I said.. the only way to be sure of 'being' in a folder is to change
to it before you show any dialogs or open/save files.

--
keepITcool

Kevin wrote :

I save the default value and restore it. My problem is, this is not
working consistently. Sometimes I can set the value and sometimes I
can not.

Kevin

"keepITcool" wrote:

I'd NOT interfere with the DefaultFilePath.
(some users are attached to it..)

I'd define a constant somewhere
Public const sPATH = "C:\Mydir"

and code like..

ChDrive sPATH
ChDir sPATH

keepITcool

?B?S2V2aW4=?= wrote in message
:

I am attempting to set the Default File Location for an
application I m developing. I am using the following comand:

Application.DefaultFilePath = "C:\myPath"

I save the existing value and want to reset when the file exits.
My problem is, this works intermittently and I am not sure why. I
can grab and save the existing value with no problem, but setting
this value does not always work. Any ideas? The path exists, so
it is not that the correct path does not exist.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Kevin