Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Edit mode

This was posted by Jan Karel Pieterse:

Hi,

Try this:

Function ExcelInEditMode() As Boolean
ExcelInEditMode=(Application.CommandBars
(1).FindControl _
(ID:=23, Recursive:=True).Enabled=True)
End Function

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel TA/MVP

in this thread:
http://google.com/groups?threadm=070...0a% 40phx.gbl

If you look at the toolbar while you're editing a cell, you'll see lots of
controls are disabled.

Ken Travers wrote:

How do I detect whether a worksheet/workbook/window is in edit mode? In
other words, the user has unfinished editing in a cell.
How do I force an end to edit mode? How do I force acceptance of the new
cell data? How do I cancel the edit?
This is important to me, because my application controlling the Excel
application fails ("call was rejected by the callee") when the user clicks
one of my buttons when there is unfinished editing in a cell.

--

Dave Peterson