Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default Assign ID based on condition(criteria)

Hi

can you
1) remove the comparison symbols from the criteria range (e.g. get rid of
the = and < symbols)
2) sort the data in column B ascending
3) copy column A to column E

if so then it might be possible to use VLOOKUP to provide the answers you
need. If not then i think you'ld need a code solution to run through line
by line
additionally, what do you want to show in column H .. just the criteria for
the match of E and then F's match in column I or?

Cheers
JulieD

"changeable" wrote in message

Hi i have somedata that looks like this:
[image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...able/data.jpg]
How can i assign an ID for each row to a columns next to the Column G
if the column E and column F had match certain defined criteria?
This is how the criteria looks like:
[image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../criteria.jpg]
For example: Row 3 matched the criteria of Row 10866 since E3 is bigger
than 3.121694 but smaller than 3.122874. Due to this reason, i need to
place and ID "26" at H3. Similary, if others row in my database(1st
picture) that matched some of the criteria , says, criteria 31(not
shown in pic 2 but it is designed in that format), a 31 should place in
the H columns of the corresponding rows.

How can i achieve this in excel? Thanks.

--
changeable
changeable's Profile: