Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pete Pete is offline

Default VBA Userform Textbox re-writing cells in Excel

Thanks! I got it to work with your advice after an undue amount of poking
around...due to my only having studied VB and VBA a few hours so far.

I am realizing that with all the elements I have to string together to get
what I am building to work, I need to study the principals some more rather
than struggle bit by bit with each little component. Am going back to some
introductory manuals and e-learning tools to start again from the ground up.

Wish me luck!

Regards,
Peter

"Dick Kusleika" wrote:

"Pete" wrote in message
I'm using textboxes within a UserForm and have not written any code for

that
part yet. It also has action buttons # 1 to 4 for the test. I'll be the
only user. So I guess I need to write some code rather than just work

with
the textbox properties?

That's always my advice. I hate those properties. And if you don't use
them, you could use a label instead of a textbox, although you may want a
textbox for appearance sake. Name those ranges and your Userform_Initialize
event will look like

Me.tbxFirst.Text = Sheet1.Range("Choice1").Value
Me.tbxSecond.Text = Sheet1.Range("Choice2").Value
etc..

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel