Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Building a String based on Selected Check boxes

Neily,

Sorry about that. I guess I didn't read your post closely enough the first
time. You will need to change your naming convention for your checkboxes,s
so that checkboxes can be identified as such by name (which the user never
sees). Then use the caption (which the user sees) for the team name.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
Neily,

Assuming that your checkbox names all start with "Check", they are on
Userform1, and their captions are what you are interested in:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim i As Integer
Dim myStr As String

myStr = ""

For i = 0 To UserForm1.Controls.Count - 1
If Left(UserForm1.Controls.Item(i).Name, 5) = "Check" Then
If UserForm1.Controls.Item(i) Then
If myStr = "" Then
myStr = "'" & UserForm1.Controls.Item(i).Caption & "'"
Else
myStr = myStr & ",'" & _
UserForm1.Controls.Item(i).Caption & "'"
Next i

MsgBox myStr

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP
"Neily" wrote in message

I'm hoping someone can help here coz I'm pretty sure this is possible by

I'm
at a dead end.

I have a UserForm which dynamically creates a set of Check boxes based

on
the number of teams in a department. The user should then select what

teams
they wish to use and then once they push an OK button, the Code should

build
a string putting these teams into appostophies(?sp?) separated by commas

eg. 'team1','team2','team3'

Where I got to was I got the form to create the check boxes and set

their
NAME property to the team name, then I thought I might be able to loop
through the checkboxes, if they are checked, add that team into the

string,
but I can't dynamically reference the checkboxes.

Anyway, if anyone can offer advise, I'd be very appreciative.

Ta.

Neily