Anne Troy

So, copying the whole sheet isn't what you need?
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel .htm

Alternatively, have you tried using the format painter? While the article
describes it in Word, it works exactly the same in Excel:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/f...oft_office.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"geoff_francis_cox" wrote in
message ...
I have spent a reasonable amount of time setting up a spreadsheet with a
particular format. I have changed column widths, row heights and added

some
colours to certain cells. I want to copy the format between workseets and
workbooks but when I use the paste function te format deosn't copy.

A friend recommended 'paste special' but this doesn't seem to work either,
even though I choose to retain all the formatting.

Can someone help please.

Geoff Cox