Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Reading Sheet Names/Index from closed file using Biff8.

yep.. screwed up my naming conventions :(
and.. chrB was in my first attempt.

Over the weekend I just may try to read a few more
items from the file.(Document Properties etc)

however this Biff8 has me stumped...
i find it awfully complex.

keepITcool

"RB Smissaert" wrote :

KeepITCool,

i note you've replaced chrW for chrB in your search for the recordID..

Can't remember doing that (wouldn't dare!), but I will take your new
function and alter that one.
I just prefer the standard VBA notation of variables and If .... Then
constructions,
plus I like the option to get the sheet type as a string.

RBS