Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Reading Sheet Names/Index from closed file using Biff8.

Bart..

see my revised code in the first branch of this thread
it does a few checks to decide if the file has the correct structure.

i note you've replaced chrW for chrB in your search for the recordID..
as you MUST ensure the 85H is followed by 00H, this is not a good idea.

since you 'decode' the types you should have included type 1 (Macro sheets)

and dont be too sure I dont mind.. you're playing around with MY original!
:lol

keepITcool

"RB Smissaert" wrote :

KeepITCool,

I have worked your function a bit further out and as other people may
find this useful I post it here.
I am sure you won't mind.