Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gregory Howard Gregory Howard is offline

Default Using VLOOKUP in VBA

I am using VBA code to print reports from an SQL database using Excel as the
front end. I am trying to use VLOOKUP to find data from a list in one
spreadsheet and include it in an Excel spreadsheet. Here is the code:

If
Application.WorksheetFunction.IsNA(Application.Wor ksheetFunction.VLookup(cnn,
Sheets("Custname").Range("CN"), 4, False)) = False Then
cname = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cnn, Sheets
"Custname").Range("CN"), 4, False)
Else
cname = "--"
End If

If the data cannot be found, I want to enter dashes in the variable
'cname'l, but if data is found, I want to enter that data in the variable.

The code runs fine as long as the lookup fines data, but if it doesn't the
program halts. What am I doing wrong, and if this doesn't work, what will?

Thanks.

--
Greg