Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Reading Sheet Names/Index from closed file using Biff8.

Yes,

I have google too:) and have that code.
I also have ExcelFileFormat.pdf from OpenOffice.org

I know how to parse the BoundSheet Record.
I tried to explain in my original post, the problem is NOT how to parse
or read a BoundSheet record.. It is HOW to Distinguish a Worksheet from
a DialogSheet, as that information is NOT in that record.

I'll have to look into Reading the BOF header of the Worksheet stream.
I'll figure it out..

Thx anyway...

keepITcool

"No_Good_At_All" wrote :

Search on the internet came up with a VB 6.0 programm to write a
workbook without Excel.
This code came from the source project witch you will find he

http://www.freevbcode.com/Source/006/vb%20Excel.zip

This link comes from:
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=6856

Here's a bit of code from this source...........