Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter[_48_] Peter[_48_] is offline

Default Can anyone help with _click() events?

Bob Phillips wrote:

Peter,

It would help if you show us the code, and explain what type of checkboxes
they are (worksheet forms, control toolbox or userforms).

OK, it's a user form laid out as follows...

SPIN Control TextBox Checkbox1 Checkbox2

As the spin button is moved up and down (corresponding to a unique ID) a
corresponding textbox.value is displayed together with the status of two
possible flags, checkbox1 and Checkbox2. Example:

Member_ID Name Committe_Member Attending_annual_trip
1 Jason Y N
2 Paul N Y

etc. (FYI this is an abstracted example, the actual usage would take too
long to explain!)

So, in this example when Paul gets elected to the committee I want to
put a tick in the box and add an e-mail address to a list (and vice
versa). If Jason decides to go on the trip I want to be able to place a
tick in the checkbox which will automatically fire up an input box that
asks how much money he is placing as a deposit.

My difficulty is this, if I move to a member_ID which has the
annual_trip button already checked then the input box pops up as if the
_click() event has fired. I could understand it if I had used _change()
as the displayed Checkbox2.Value will have "changed"

Hope this clarifies?

Peter