Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Reading Sheet Names/Index from closed file using Biff8.

Ivan thnx.

I had already figured a needed to append a nullchar in my search.
so search an 85 00. And I realize I should dig a little deeper before
exiting the First Do/Loop

It's the BYTE 9 in the series that indicates the sheet type.
problem remains that for Dialog Sheets it will indicate a 0,
denoting a Worksheet.

How do i decide what's truely a Worksheet.

keepITcool

Ivan F Moala wrote :

Hi KeepItCool

Not sure if this helps you.....
The BOUNDSHEET record is formated as

85 0 0E 0 63 1B 0 0 0 0 6 0 Sheet name follows

where you have correctly ID the BOUNDSHEET ID = 85 hex (Constant ID)

and

0E = (variable) the offset to the next BOUNDSHEET data (hex 85)
6 = (variable) the Length of the sheet name.

So I gues you could search for this pattern

85 0 <byte 0 <byte <byte 0 0 0 0 <byte 0