Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default Determining last row/column using ADO with closed workbook

Thanks for that info

"Jamie Collins" wrote in message
om...
"Rob van Gelder" wrote ...

Did I read that as of ADO 2.8 Jet is no longer included?

MDAC 2.8 Overview: Deprecated Components
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...components.asp

"The Microsoft Jet OLE DB Provider and other related components were
removed from MDAC 2.6. Microsoft has deprecated the Microsoft Jet
Engine, and plans no new releases or service packs for this
component."

Take that last statement with a pinch of salt because MS have
maintained security releases for Jet 4.0 e.g.

How to obtain the latest service pack for the Microsoft Jet 4.0
Database Engine

"The Microsoft Jet Security Bulletin MS04-014: Vulnerability in the
Microsoft Jet Database Engine could permit code execution contains the
following files. These files were updated on April 13, 2004"

And the word from the MS Access NDAs suggests MS are currently working
on Jet, although further security updates are far more likely than bug
fixes or new features.

Is Jet 4.0 available as a download from MS? I've never fully
understood whether Jet 4.0 itself is a prerequisite for downloading
the latest Jet 4.0 service pack.

Jamie.